The process of creating protected areas in Peru includes biological and socioeconomic investigations; elaboration of a detailed proposal; repeated coordination with authorities; in the case of Conservation Concessions, publication of the project in government and national newspapers and in the respective municipality for a month each to allow objections; after the creation, elaboration of yearly reports.
To help with the creation and maintenance of these areas you are invited to “adopt a reserve”:
- All proceeds from your donation will go directly towards work involved in making a reserve such as:
- Organising expeditions with experts for biological inventories
- Administration costs for registry with the government
- Printing of signs to indicate protected areas
- Maintenance of local tree nurseries for reforestation
- Salaries for forest guards and local guides